Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chinatown reflection


when I went to Chinatown I didn't think it would be how it is where people are not so rude like in Walnut creek. I got there and tried to interview people I thought it would be much harder. But I ask people if they could get interviewed. a lot of the people did say no but also a lot of them said yeah. That was really surprising for me, because when we went to Walnut Creek it was much harder to interview people. Many of the people who said no was because they didn't speak much English and were confused about our project. I think the differences between Fruitvale and Chinatown are a lot but there is also many similarities.  First of all I would say that in Fruitvale there is more Latinos and in Chinatown more Asians. I think in Economics people are about the same from mid class to Lower class. things you see around are similar just that depending on the place they have more products from their culture. People also speak Spanish in the Fruitvale area and Chinese in the Chinatown area. I think that Even though that people in Fruitvale and in Chinatown Are not as Wealthy as Walnut Creek people seem to be more respectful. In Chinatown people who said no because they didn't speak English they try to say no in a nice way. 

No comments: